A sentence can be used to make a statement, ask a question, give a command, or show feeling. There are 4 types of sentences; Declarative Sentences, Interrogative Sentences, Imperative Sentences, Exclamatory Sentences;
A declarative sentences tells about something. It ends with a .
- My father’s name is Mark.
- I’m watching tv now.
A interrogative sentences asks something. It ends with a ?
- What is your favourite food?
- Who is cooking the brownies?
A imperative sentences tells someone to do something. It ends with a .
- Complete these by tomorrow.
- Be nice to your friends.
A exclamatory sentences shows strong feeling. It ends with a !
- Oh! I forgot about the meeting.
- We’re are going to the holiday, Yippee!