Conditional Linkers in english, unless, even if, provided, only if;
Using Unless in English
Unless means; except on the condition that. Unless needs a main clause to make a complete sentence.
- She will be sick unless she stops eating.
- Unless you are to tired let’s go for a walk at the park.
Using Even if in English
Even if means whether or not. It is used to emphasize that something will still be true if another thing happens.
- Even if you take a taxi, you’ll still miss your plane.
- You will go to that cinema even if they don’t allow you.
Using Provided in English
Provided means if or only if.
It means that some condition has to be met in order for something else to be true.
- They can listen to music provided they disturb nobody.
- I can afford to have a holiday provided that I earn 1000 dollars a day.
Using Only if in English
Only if expresses the idea that there is only one condition that will cause a particular result.
- Only if you like pop music is it worth coming tonight.
- You can go out only if you finish your homework.
- Only if a teacher has given permission is a student allowed to leave the room.