Using Both and, Either or, Neither nor in english;
Using Both … and in English and Example Sentences;
Both … and refers to two things or people together. It is always considered plural in a sentence.
- You can be bothmother andbusiness woman.
- BothAlice andSusan have to comply with the rules.
- I used to like playing bothfootball andbasketball when I was young.
Using Either… or in English and Example Sentences;
Either… or is a correlative conjunction. We use either … or for connect things which are the same types, phrases, clauses or words.
- EitherMark orSamuel will go.
- You can eithercome with me now orwalk home.
- They don’t have enough time. They can eitherhave breakfast or have a shower.
- You can eithercall me at home orthe office.
Using Neither… nor in English and Example Sentences;
This structure, “neither … nor”, is used to connect the same kind of word or phrase in the sentence. Neither makes a negative statement about two people or things.
- NeitherMark nor his wife is very tall.
- My sisterneitherdrinks nor smokes.
- Neithermy friends nor the bookstore has the book.
- Neitherthe employees northe boss was at work.