28 Examples of Gerunds Sentences, English Gerund Sentences
The gerund is a verb that acts like a noun in a sentence. The subject in which the names are used in the sentence is used in the case of the object. The gerund is obtained by adding the -ing tag to a verb root.
- Swimming is my favourite sport.
- Having to get up early won’t bother me at all.
It is important to note the distinction between the gerund verb and the present participle. It may not always be the gerund which receives the ”ing” tag but it can also be participles. Present participle verbs report continuity.
Here are 28 Examples of Gerunds Sentences;
1. I was afraid of hurtingher feelings.
2. I can’t stand Tom’s speakingGerman.
3. Swimmingis my favourite sport.
4. Eating bread is bad for people health.
5. The old gardener has not finished cutting grass for 2 days.
6. I should give up fastfood and consuming sweet.
7. George likes photographing nature.
8. Mary was upset at having been passed over for the job.
9. These are used for cracking walnuts.
10. His big fear is driving on the main roads.
11. We started working on this yesterday.
12. She practices playing those drums all the time.
13. Watching games does not burn calories.
14. They love eating fish.
15. Robert must not go climbing alone.
16. Let’s go snowboarding this holiday.
17. You appreciate they keeping silent.
18. Ella will quit smoking cigarette in a week, you believe that.
19. I need to remember calling her coach three day ago.
20. Do you recall reading to this article when they were family?
21. You reported cheating anyone in film whenever you saw it.
22. You boyfriend resent calling his like this.
23. You still resist using that laptop even after two years.
24. They risk losing their job or they will never up a stage.
25. Elis suggests eating two plate of fish every week.
26. My family can not tolerate watching some film since my family are old.
27. Playing basketball has been your favorite sport branch since I was a two year.
28. Eating too much fish is not good for her body.