Distributive adjectives show that the things or persons are counted collectively. They refer to members of a group as individuals.
List of distributive adjectives; each, every, either, neither, any, one, both.
Example Sentences of Distributive Adjectives
- Either you buy it or you don’t.
- My mother isn’t a teacher. Neither am I.
- Each girl must bring her own bag.
- Each participant was asked to complete a survey.
- Each of her friends is angry.
- Can you buy this one?
- Does your father have any money left?
- Both of them are in the house.
- Each of us drink about 2 liters of water a day.
- My mother watches TV every day.
- I don’t know either of them.