8 Linking Adverbs, Accordingly, Also, Besides, Consequently, Finally, Furthermore, Hence, However
Meaning / Synonym: at last, eventually. It introduces a final point.
- The bus finallyarrived.
- The news finally reached my father this afternoon.
Meaning / Synonym: It means “also”, “additionally”, “besides”.
- He is very clever, furthermore, his father is very rich.
- I like play football. Furthermore, I like play voleyball.
Meaning / Synonym: therefore, hereby, on account of this
- A good job was offered me, hence I accepted it.
- There was a problem in the university, hence I went home late.
Meaning / Synonym: but, yet, nevertheless, on the other hand
- Mary is very hungry. However, she don’t any food.
Meaning / Synonym: with respect to, therefore
- My son failed the exam;accordingly, he is so upset.
- Accordingly the more people are happy, the more they connect to life.
Meaning / Synonym: too, additionally, besides
- She speaks French and also speaks English.
Meaning / Synonym: as well, in addition
- What do you like besidesthe apple?
- My father is nice to everyone besidesme.
Meaning / Synonym: as a result, last, hereby
- I was very tired and consequently couldn’t join them.
- My mother worked hard to compete and consequently she was first in the competition.