Difference Between Whether and Unlike in english;
Whether; we use whether when we report questions. It is used in indirect yes-no questions. It can be used with infinitive, after preposition. Some conditions It is followed by OR NOT.
- Whether you drive fast or slow, please drive carefully.
- I don’t know whether he will come.
- She asked me whether I was happy or not.
- I want to know whether he needs help or not.
- Someone’s got to tell him, whether it’s you or me.
Unlike means different from, dissimilar, not similar to; two things have different qualities from each other.
- Hannah is completely unlike her mother.
- Japanese is unlike Spanish.
- For this house was different, unlike any I’d seen.
- Unlike sugar, cholesterol does not break down in the blood.