Linking words also called connectives or conjunctions. Here is some linking words and example sentences;
- For –> Fans love to watch Jane, for she play piano beautifully.
- And –> He is a graceful footballer, and people enjoy watching his.
- Nor –> He hasn’t taken piano lessons, nor does he need to.
- But –> I am very hungry, but the fridge is empty.
- Or –> She buys newspapers or books from this shop.
- Yet –> Have Diane and Paul arrived yet?
- So –> I looked a lot on the phone so my eyes deteriorated.