SHOULD vs MUST in English
Difference between “must” and “should” in English;
We use should to suggest something. “It is advisable to …“. The modal should Express opinion, one person’s point of view.
Example Sentences Related To SHOULD;
- You should apply for that job.
- You have sore throat. You shouldn’t drink cold water.
- People should eat enough fruits in order to be healty.
- There should be a way to do something
- Michale should keep out of the sun for two days.
- Please be careful! There should be a comma here.
- You should never have done that.
We use must to Express a stronger point of view. “We need to …” “We have to…” The modal must also expresses opinion, one person’s point of view.
Example Sentences Related To MUST;
- We must fasten our seatbelts.
- You must stop playing computer games.
- She must learn to drive. It will be very useful.
- Banks must examine all documents.
- She must not disturb me.
- The students must study English at least eleven hours a week.
- You mustn’t smoke.
- Must you always be a first ?
- He must finish this novel till tomorrow morning.