Using wishes in english, using wishes with past tense, using wishes with present tense, using wishes with future tense;
Wishes with Present
We use wish with Past Tense forms simple and continuous to express regret about present situations.
- I wish I was rich.
- I wish I was going with my father.
- The boys wish they could go to Paris.
- He wishes he were here now.
Wishes with Future
We use wish with would to say how we would like somebody to behave in the future.
- That’s a dreadful noise. I wish it would stop.
- I wish Samuel would call me back.
- I wish you wouldn’t smoke in classroom.
Wishes with Past
We use wish with Past Perfect when we have regrets about the past;
- I wish I hadn’t taken my father’s advice.
- I wish she had passed her driving test.
- I wish you hadn’t been angry with me!