Using A few and Few in English, how to use a few and few;
A few represents a positive quantity. It is used with plural nouns. It means some, a small amoun.
A few + Plural Countable Nouns
- He has a few good friends so he is happy.
- There are a few books on the shelf.
- We stayed a few days in Paris and visited the Eiffel Tower.
Few represents a negative quantity or shortage. It is used with plural countable nouns. It means not many, not enough.
Few + Plural Countable Nouns
- I have got few friends in the city so I am lonely.
- They have got few cake on the table.
- He has few photos on Instagram.