We can express a contrast by using the adverbs however and nevertheless with two sentences. They are always followed by a comma.
- He was feeling very ill. However, he went to work.
- Some people disagree with this theory, however, it’s never been proven right.
- The weather was sunny; however, we didn’t go outside.
- Tom works a lot, but nevertheless he hasn’t any money.
- She is the best student in school. However, she doesn’t do homeworks on time.
- My friends wanted to go outside. Nevertheless, it is raining.
- I really enjoyed that movie. Nevertheless, I prefer the book.
- She is tired; nevertheless, She must finish her homework.
- She is not our best worker. Nevertheless, she tries very hard.
- It’s raining very hard today. However, let’s go out and enjoy ourselves!