In spite of and despite express a contrast between two things. They are prepositional expressions. Followed by a noun phrase or pronoun or a verb in the ‘ing’ from. Using in spite of in english, using despite in english. how to use in spite of and despite in english?
- I love her despite her faults.
- The young men said that they would do it despite all of the difficulties.
- They went out in spite of the rain.
- Despite being a millionaire, she lives in a very small ﬂat.
- The house will certainly sell in spite of the fact that it’s overpriced.
- In spite of the fack that Mark helps to the poor, he isn’t rich.
- Despite her exhaustion, she tries to help us.
- In spite of the fog, planes are still landing.
- Despite her young age, she did a very good job.
- In spite of all the cooking shows I’ve watched, I’m still no good in the kitchen.