English Using Less and Fewer, how to use less, how to use fewer. Difference between less and fewer;
Less is used when talking about things that are uncountable or have no plural. It is complatible with collective nouns, non-countable nouns and volumes.
- I earn less money than a policeman.
- Many of us maybe eat less sugar.
- I sleep less than my father.
Fewer is used when talking about things or people in the plural. It is used countable nouns and individual items.
- I bought fewer books this year.
- They’ve got fewer problems than they used to have.
- Now I’ve got fewer tasks than I used to have.