No vs Not, Using No and Not in English;
No is opposite of Yes. It is used as an adjective to make a noun negative. It is also used before verbal nouns.
- She has no time to play football.
- Jim has no idea where his notebook is.
- This is no time for fighting!
- No smoking.
- I have no money.
Not is used with verbs or auxiliary verbs to make negative. It is also used with adjectives, adverbs (typical in spoken English
- I do not play football.
- We can not go to home.
- I’m sorry but I can‘t hear you.
- She is not cooking dinner tonight.