Using SO vs SUCH in English, Difference between so and such in english;
We can say about “So” and “Such” that;
- Both of them usually have the same meaning “very”.
- Both of them show extremes.
- We can use both of them to add emphasis to the sentence.
- Although they have some similarities, there are some main differences in their use in the sentence.
- So + Adjective
Mark seems so unhappy.
- So + Adverbs
She speak so quicly.
- So + Judgemental Adjective
It is so rainy outside!
- So + Much/Many/Few/Little + Noun
There are so few cars in the parking lot.
- Such + a/an + Adjective + Noun
She is such an intelligent boy.
- Such + Judgemental Noun
He is such a liar!
Don’t be such a fool!
- Such + a/an + Noun
Why did you say such a thing?