30 Sentences with Prepositions and Examples
Prepositions do not always give their original meaning. Some nouns, adjectives or verbs are added to the end of the written and spoken and they assume the task of their tail. In this type of use, they certainly do not assume any special meaning and are additional and should be known together in words.
Here are 30 Sentences with Prepositions;
1. Besides: Besides, it’s still early for me.
2. Between: My home is between library and bank.
3. Beside: The napkin is placed beside the plate.
4. Across: Her house is across the street.
5. Beyond: Barcelona football club’s success is beyond question.
6. Over: The window is over the radiator.
7. But: We are very hungry, but the fridge is empty.
8. Below: Your grade is below average.
9. By: I always goes to work by train.
10. Except: Nobody came the party except George and Alex.
11. Put a period after each sentence.
12. For: Is the coffee too hot for you?
13. From: Where are you from?
14. Hence: We travel hence tomorrow to France.
15. Outsite: There’s a bird’s nest outside my window.
16. Through: The bird flew through the open window.
17. Without: I feel sad without you.
18. About: They have a discussion about football.
19. Above: A plane is flying above the village.
20. Abroad: Mary went abroad.
21. Ago: She came back school a while ago.
22. In: I live in London.
23. In addition to: In addition to his car, he has a jeep.
24. Into: Go into the her room and take wallet.
25. Like: She is very clever like me.
26. Against: His bicycle was leaning against the fence.
27. Near: I live near the sea.
28. Next: The two teams play voleyball the next day.
29. Next to: My wallet is next to pen.
30. Upon: The earth I’m walk upon doesn’t recognize me.