We use FOR to talk about a length of time, a period of time. We use SINCE to talk about a point in the past, a specific point in time. Using FOR and SINCE in Present Perfect, Present perfect tense how touse for and since, using since in present perfect tense, using for in present perfect tense;
Example Sentences FOR
- I have worked here for 8 years.
- You have played football for ten years.
- We have taught at this school for a long time.
- He has been a student for eight years.
- They’ve been married for 30 years.
- She has been in prison for 6 months.
- I haven’t been on holiday for ages.
Example Sentences SINCE
- He has lived here since 1993.
- They have been at the hotel since last week.
- I haven’t ridden a horse since I was 9.
- You have worked here since you left your school.
- I haven’t been on holiday since last year.
- Since his wife went away, he has been waiting for her.