9 Transition Sentences, Transition Words with Examples
Transition words are words that connect two sentences, phrases, paragraphs. words such as ‘but’, ‘and’, ‘so’ are used to provide this connection. Transition words can connect anything from short phrases to paragraphs.
Transition Word Types: Transition words are divided into different classes according to the type of transition we want to make. There are several words specific to each classification. Sometimes they have the same meanings and sometimes they have different meaning. Transitions also show the relationship between the main idea and the sentence (or in the paragraph) within the author’s necessary support for these ideas.
Here are 9 Transition Sentences;
- While I am lazy, my sister is really hard-working.
- The south has a hot, dry climate, whereas the north has a milder, wetter climate.
- I like cooking new dishes and eating meat, but I don’t like washing dishes afterward.
- They can listen to music provided they disturb nobody.
- If you participated in the election, people would choose you.
- We can go see the baby whenever you want and we can watch the football game whenever you want.
- In spite of the artistic inadequacy of this theater play, they made good money.
- Michael has bought a new dress but she hasn’t worn it yet.
- 9.I don’t like playing football because it’s very boring