9 Sentences of Second Conditional, 9 Example Sentences Type 2 Conditionals
If Clause Type 2 is used to think of the opposite of an event that is happening in the present or in the future, to put forward a condition and to express the result of this imaginary condition. Therefore, the tense that we can use must be a bit more past than the tense that we will use to express the truth. So, that is like to use; would instead of will, did instead of do, could instead of can. It is often used to express wishes and desires for the past.
Here are 9 Sentences of Second Conditional;
- If I were you, I would want to be a doctor.
- If I knew the answer, I would tell it to you.
- If Mary had time, she would visit her boyfriend.
- If I understood what the teacher said, I could tell you.
- If she weren’t ill, she would go to the school.
- If I were a chairman, I would offer new and different ideas.
- If I were 22, I would travel the world.
- If I were you, I would not do this.
- If you participated in the election, people would choose you.