9 Examples of Gerunds Sentences, English Gerund Sentences
The gerund is a verb that acts like a noun in a sentence. The subject in which the names are used in the sentence is used in the case of the object. The gerund is obtained by adding the -ing tag to a verb root.
It is important to note the distinction between the gerund verb and the present participle. It may not always be the gerund which receives the ”ing” tag but it can also be participles. Present participle verbs report continuity.
Here are 9 Examples of Gerunds;
- I was afraid of hurtingher feelings.
- I can’t stand Tom’s speakingGerman.
- Swimmingis my favourite sport.
- Eating bread is bad for people health.
- The old gardener has not finished cutting grass for 2 days.
- I should give up fastfood and consuming sweet.
- George likes photographing nature.
- Mary was upset at having been passed over for the job.
- These are used for cracking walnuts.