A noun clause is that contains a finite verb and functioning like a noun within a sentences. What is Noun Clause, Example Sentences;
Noun Clause with “that“
- He knows that I am a dentist.
- She said that her friend’s name was Sam.
- We know that he doesn’t eat meat.
- I can understand that you won’t be always with me.
- I think that you should support your sister.
- She believed that I was right.
Noun Clause with “if” or “whether“
- I don’t know if my brother is at home.
- Whether he’s passed exam is still unknown.
- I wonder whether he’s passed the exam or not.
- He wants to learn whether there is a party today or not.
- Everybody asked if you could help.
- I don’t know if she wants to come with us.
Noun Clause with “wh– words“
- Please tell me who came to the party.
- You haven’t told me whose car this is.
- I wonder why Sarah is absent.
- I can’t tell you where he lives.
- I don’t remember when Mary was born.
- I can’t remember how much it costs.
- I wonder who lives in that place.