Relative Clauses Exercises PDF in English
|who / that||Subject or object pronoun for people||That’s the woman who bought my house.|
|which / that||Subject or object pronoun for ANIMALS or THINGS||The horse which Mary was riding is very friendly and beautiful.|
|where||Refers to a PLACE||We found the wood where I used to go.|
|when||Refers to a TIME expression||I will never forget the day when I graduated.|
|whose||POSSESSION for people, animals and things||The mother whose child is missing is very sad.|
- ”Who” is a kind of
relative clause we use when the subject or object we want to describe is a human being.
- Relative clauses provide details about the action specified in the preceding clause.
- The woman who is with the red dress asking me the address was very beautiful.
- My teacher, who came to Spain in 2001, likes to ride her mountain bike.
- I think the people who that live on the island are very friendly.
- If the entity we want to characterize in a sentence or want to make it more specific is an inanimate entity, which we usually use.
- Thanks to this, we provide the specific meaning that we provide with who.
- The car which is standing in front of the apartment is my car.
- The house which we rented was in pink.
- The bananas, which I bought on Monday, are rotten.
- The wallet which I bought last week is already stolen.